Knowing the Voice of God.
Three different voices you can hear.
- The voice of God
- The voice of our own fleshly desires.
- The voice of the enemy.
1 Samuel 17:45-50
- Does it agree with the Bible?
- Does it make me more like Jesus?
- Can other believers confirm what God is saying?
- Does it line up with how God designed me?
- Does what I am hearing concern my gifts and who I am?
- Is the voice convicting or condemning?
- Do I have the peace of God?
Talk About It: Questions to process with family, friends, and yourself.
- Whose voice has the greatest influence over your life?
- Whose voice in your life do you trust the most and why?
- Have you ever allowed the wrong voice to change the trajectory of your life?
- Why is knowing the voice of God so imperative in our decision making and in our response?
- What lying voice or giant is holding you back from God’s truth and your purpose?